Saturday, January 30, 2016

Queen Anne Medical's Dental and Scrotal Anesthesia Makes Electrolysis/Laser Easier for our Transgender Clients

"Tree Light" is one of many beautiful paintings by Jacqui Beck (www.JacquiBeck.com
found in 'Where's MY Book?' A Guide for Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Youth, Their Parents, & Everyone Else.
My family medical practice, Queen Anne Medical Associates, PLLC, has served the transgender community for eighteen years. We added laser and electrolysis for hair removal over the last two years.

Of course individuals vary in how they experience these treatments. But particularly for the sensitive upper lip area, these treatments can be painful. That's why we routinely offer prescription-strength numbing medicine at no additional cost. For a moderate fee, I can do a mean dental block - or a scrotal block prior to gender confirmation surgery. Needless to say, these have become fairly popular!

It reminds me of taking childbirth classes when I was pregnant nearly forty years ago. "Think of contractions as 'pressure'" didn't ring true in my experience.

I believe that offering reasonable pain relief for hair removal procedures is critical. But I have found that most clinics do not offer pain relief for laser and/or electrolysis. I don't want painful hair removal to be just another "punishment" or burden one carries just for being trans!

Take care,
Linda Gromko, MD

1 comment:

  1. GMT’s application for our medical/dental mission trip to Panama for this summer break closes this Friday, March 31st oral jelly

    ReplyDelete